Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Let's get started...

     Well, if you are reading this, you apparently have some interest in hearing what I have been and will be doing in China. Great! So, let's begin.

     If you are unfamiliar with the details leading up to this, my wife and I moved to China on 30 Dec and will be staying here de facto permanently until we decide otherwise. You will have found this blog through one of my social media profiles, so I will refer to my wife simply as "D". D is originally from central China and all of her family currently resides within the country. She came to the US to study at OSU, and this is where we met. We moved to Bentonville, AR last year about this time when she was offered a job at Wal-Mart corporate offices. We have now relocated to China for her to work at Wal-Mart China's corporate office, which was generally a good move for both us and the company. I do not speak Chinese very well, I'm 1.9m tall, and very white. My Chinese is progressing nicely, but unfortunately the other two aspects are rather immutable.

     I've went ahead and created permanent pages for the two biggest questions I've received from absolutely everybody and you can find those on the navigation pane on the right. I'm not sure how I will go about adding posts, but it will probably be topic oriented focusing on a single theme each entry rather than a chronological recap of what I have done in the last few days. If you are interested to know something please comment and I will comment back a response or put something in the next post I create if it seems like an interesting enough question. I'm definitely willing to do some investigative reporting, and currently have a fair amount of time on my hands at the moment, so I have time to go track down whatever it is you might be looking to answer; e.g. What kind of local flowers are there? How much is cab fare? What does a Chinese restaurant really look like? Can you convince somebody you are Steve Jobs?

     I'll get working on something interesting soon, and I'll let everyone know via social media.

-J

2 comments:

  1. Do they have vending machines for almost anything, I heard they did?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only seen drink vending machines after arriving (and they are pretty cheap), but I saw a Best Buy vending machine in the Columbus Airport.
      Japan has the crazy vending machines where you can buy seafood and used underwear.

      Delete